YouTube is the best video watching website that allows users to watch videos of their own choice ranging from music to entertainment and much more. People spend too much time watching YouTube videos and they find their kids doing the same. As a result, they want to uninstall YouTube from their device however, it is not possible to uninstall YouTube completely from the android device because it is a part of the Android operating system that comes with built-in applications. Therefore, it cannot be uninstalled. Users can block the YouTube application from their android phones so that they cannot be opened anymore. The purpose of blocking is to enable the age restriction on YouTube. In doing so, it will be accessible by users of certain age groups only.
Method 1: Block youtube with Parent control option
In this method age restriction is applied to block the YouTube:
- From your android phone open the Play Store application
- Click on three bards located on the bottom left side
- Go to Settings
Select Parental Controls and enable it
- Play Store will ask for a four-digit pin code that any other user won’t know.
- Choose appropriate age filter to block YouTube on android
That’s it you are done. Now only users with certain age groups will be able to access the YouTube application.
Method 2: Block youtube with app Dialer Vault AppHider
In this method there is no need to black and users can easily hide the YouTube without rooting it. Yes, it is true, there is no need to root the android device to block YouTube. In this way, YouTube is considered as an uninstalled application on android device.
- Go to Play Store and search for “Dialer Vault AppHider”.
- Install this application by clicking on install button
- Open the application and it will give you number of options, chose hide application.
- Select YouTube from the list of application and apply changes
- Congratulations, YouTube is no longer available in your android device
- Now go to settings
- In applications, select YouTube
- Now Disable the YouTube
In this way, your phone will not get any further YouTube updates. Users can try any of the above-mentioned methods. Both of them work fine on all android devices. It should be kept in mind that there is no conventional method to completely uninstall YouTube because it is a part of the android operating system.