Motorola PC suite will help to manage your phone from your computer.Motorola have two official PC suites.- Motorola motocast and Motorola device manager.Motorola motocast was previously called Motorola media link.
I will also list some other good PC suite for Motorola smart phones below.
Motorola PC suite motocast
Motocast can be used to manage your media files in Motorola phones.The main feature of this application is that you can play music and video files in your computer directly from your phone.
It has two options:-
The main advantage is that you need not transfer the files to your phone for playing it.You need WiFi in your computer to use this feature.
Read :- PC suite for micromax
This feature to sync your motorola phone and PC using USB for file transfer.It helps in fast transfer of media file from your PC to phone.
Download moto cast
Download motoCast from this link – Download
Motorola device manager
Motorola device manager is another official PC suite from Motorola.The main advantage of Motorola device manager is that you can update your phone’s software from your PC.
Download motorola device manager
You can download motorola device manager from here – download
Steps for updating your Motorola phone
- Install device manager in your PC.
- Now connect your phone with PC using USB cable.
- In your Motorola phone,go to setting and activate USB debugging.
- Make sure your PC is connected to internet.
- Now device manager will detect your phone and check for any updates available for your phone.
- You will get a notification about updating your phone.You can update by clicking the device manager link in notification bar.
- You can also update manually by clicking the update option in device manager.
Features of Motorola device manager
Other than software updates,the main feature of device manager is easy transfer of file between your phone and PC.Simply drag and drop file between your phone and PC.
Read :- PC suite for karbonn
Charging your Motorola phone with PC
- Download and extract the drivers to a new folder.
- Connect your phone using USB.Now phone will show option to connect as mass storage.Press no to install driver
- If you are connecting phone for first time,PC will show ‘new hardware found’ and show your phone model.If you have connected phone to PC before using USB,new hardware wizard may not start.In that case,right click My computer and click Manage to enter device manager Your phone will be listed in other devices or in com port section.Right click it and click update driver.
- Driver installation wizard will start.Choose install from a specific location and click next.
- In next window,click browse and select the folder which you have extracted driver files.Click next.
- Now wizard will install the driver.Now you can charge your Motorola phone with PC.
PC suite for Motorola android phone
PC suite we recommend for Motorola android phone is My phone explorer.
My phone explorer supported android phones
- Moto E
- Moto G
Download My phone explorer
Download My phone explorer from here.
Connecting My phone explorer with motorola
We can connect my phone explorer and Motorola using USB,Bluetooth and WiFi.USB connection is fast and easy compared to WiFi.
Connecting using USB
- Extract and install my phone explorer in your PC.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB.
- Go to settings – developers option and activate USB debugging
- Launch My phone explorer.Click file connect or press f1.
- My phone explorer show two options in next windows.Select Phone with android OS.Click next.
- Now My phone explorer will show three options.Select USB cable from the list and click next.PC will search for available devices and detect your phone and will get connected.
Connecting using WiFi
- Activate wireless network in your PC and activate WiFi tethering in your phone.
- Launch My phone explorer.Click f 1 to connect.
- Now choose phone with android OS and connection type WiFi connection from the following steps.
Connection using Bluetooth
Bluetooth connection is slow.So it is recommended to use Bluetooth connection only when you can’t connect using USB or WiFi.You need an inbuilt Bluetooth or Bluetooth dongle in computer to use this connection.
Read :- mobile go pc suite download
- Switch on bluetooth in your PC and phone.Make your phone discover able.
- Launch Bluetooth in PC and start add a device wizard.
- Search for devices and select your phone and add it as a new device.
- Now launch My phone explorer and click f 1.
- Select device type as android OS phone and connection as Bluetooth.
Main features of My phone explorer
- Contacts :- Helps to manage your phone contacts and backup contacts to PC.
- Call log :- Shows all call logs in your phone.You can backup call logs also.
- Organizer :- Managing calender,reminders,alarms etc.
- Messages :- For creating,deleting and back up text and multimedia messages.
- Files :- fast and easy file transfer between phone and PC.
Other good Motorola PC suites
- Mobiledit PC suite.
- Mobogenei PC suite.
- droid explorer.